Sunday, August 28, 2011

Webcasting was easy..just made me a little hungry...Mwhahahahahahah...





Well, last night’s Staying Scared with Wee Willie Wicked webcast (Saturday) http://www.livestream.com/stayingscaredwithweewilliewicked certainly didn’t go off without glitches. The most concerning one was my cue timing. It was off. Of course, that was my novice fault. I had tested everything except that beforehand and was under the general impression that the speed transition would be quicker. And, it will be after I test and master it.
I was a little nervous at putting on the webcast, more so hoping that the technical aspects would run smoothly and for the biggest part, they did. For the better part of a week, I had placed writing my tales on the back burner and solely concentrated on this webcast effort. I explored and tried out various free broadcasting services, learned what to do and not what to do and fine-tuned exactly what I wanted.
Selecting Livestream (http://www.livestream.com) was most easy. Their “Livestream Studio” software (free) offers a vast amount of features, including transitional cueing, multiple cameras, onscreen graphics and more.  
So, overall I was rather happy with how the webcast worked. I tried to follow a vague resemblance of a script and it work well. The flow was there. Now if I can just learn to work the controls while I’m broadcasting. I suspect that will come with both time and experience.
In all honesty, the part I found to be the hardest was the rushing home after work and hurrying to put on the costume. This clown face takes a little time (at least an hour) to get it right. Although I was content with the final product, I’ll have to somehow streamline the process. And, I do have some ideas for that too.

Regardless, the venture has begun and all the technical aspects are place. The hard part is done and it is now a matter of simply putting on and maintaining the weekly webcast.
Now to get back to writing…





One final note: I had broadcasted the George Romero classic Night of the Living Dead (public domain) and watching the film did make me hungry and I had a snack...heh heh. 
Stay Scared,
Wic


No comments:

Post a Comment