Friday, August 26, 2011

The first Wee Wille Wicked webcast plan...


Tomorrow night (Saturday) at midnight is the first ever Staying Scared with Wee Willie Wicked webcast. I am planning a number of things and considering it is the first, there may be glitches along the way. However, I will do everything I can to make this come off without a hitch.
Technically, the webcam and software is quite impressive and although the stream will originate at Livestream, it will also be simultaneously streamed through a new venture with Facebook too. Here are both the links…make your choice…heh heh I had to say that (SAW):
There is one thing about Ustream that I can’t say I like, but it is typical if you are an avid viewer of television….the commercials. Occasionally, during the broadcast, Livestream will break in with one. It is inevitable when using a free version. If this grows larger and becomes popular, I may upgrade to the pro version to eliminate these. However, right now I’m simply test running this idea and concept and therefore, am going to take the good with the bad. I’m sorry for this.
So, what do I have planned for the show?
First of all, I’m going to wing it. I don’t have a script nor do I have any set order. I will discuss various horror based items such as movies and books, giving my personal opinions. I may show a couple of trailers of new horror movies and even discuss classic horror movie actors and horror collectibles. The realm is large and I suspect over the weeks, this webcast will refine. As for now, like I said, I’ll be winging it. So far, all I’m sure of is that this discussion will last anywhere from 15 or 20 minutes.
Added with this discussion will be live chat, both on Livestream, as well as on Facebook. So, this should add the audience participation aspect. Feel free to join in. I’ll do my best to share and elaborate. This should also be a great way to get feedback in order to make the webcast better. Tell me what you want to see…

I’ll also be giving away a brand new copy of the “8 Films To Die For”…Dark Ride to one lucky viewer. Of course, you will have to watch to find out how to enter though. This will be a weekly staple and is not limited to dvd movies. It could be a signed photo or a figure or a book or just about anything. The only guarantee is that the item will be horror or sci fi based. We’ll have to wait and see…
And, after all the talk and miscellaneous, there will be a broadcast of a Public Domain horror or sci fi film. This week it is George Romero’s black and white classic Night of the Living Dead.


Afterward, I will close the show.
Like I mentioned, this week I will be testing many aspects from speed to software, from camera angles to talking points and from following 2 live chats to keeping focused on the matters at hand. It may become somewhat difficult since I’m the only one doing all this and I’m hoping to not get too sidetracked and keep the flow even. But, as mentioned too, things happen and “Oh Yes…there will be blood” heh heh…that Saw thing again.
The webcast will be recorded (another testing feature) and if all goes well (and I suspect it will) the show will be viewable, at leisure, throughout the week. This eliminates the having to stay up late to watch. Of course, I will not be live at those times and entering the contest will not be allowed, but the program will still be watchable.

One final note, if you chose to do so, you can watch it on this blog too.
So….until tomorrow night's witching hour kiddies…..Stay Scared
W. W. Wicked

No comments:

Post a Comment