Thursday, September 8, 2011

The webcast is coming together, but the rubber nose still gets in the way...



Hello Kiddies and welcome Wee Willie Wicked’s humble, rather gruesome abode.

Well, another week has passed and it’s almost time for the third Staying Scared with Wee Willie Wicked webcast.
For the past two shows, yours truly has flown by the seat of his colorful pants and simply let what happen….happen. Oh, the general gist of the concept was there. I had flubs and technical difficulties. I had to learn (which I still am) how to be programmer, director, controller and star all at once. Not only did I have to wear all those hats, But, I also have to add a prosthetic and make-up too. This was probably the toughest part, seeing with one eye, and over the last two webcasts, I learned a lot. Of course, it’s not exactly perfected just yet either and every subsequent week involves a little more tweaking.
For this week’s show, the plan is to begin developing a standard week after week show format. While nothing is set in stone just yet, I do have a rough idea of what this show is all about and of what is yet to come. Coincidently, I'm also seeking a standard intro and exit song too. 
General examples include:

·    The reading of a short 500 word horror tale and when the time comes, (probably within the next couple of weeks), putting a requesting call out to all my writer friends and allowing them to add their voice to the show. However, just as a test run, this week I’ll be reading one of my own. Here's a few links of the writer folks I had in mind:


and so many more...


 ·    Reviewing the latest horror book, film or television show. Note: On Staying Scared: The Official Blog of Thomas Scopel (find it here), I’ve reviewed the new horror movie Apollo 18 and it is a good example of the types of reviews I intend. It is also a great place to find out about some of the tales I've written and am writing, 

 
·     A giveaway is always fun and this week I’m giving away the soundtrack (both vinyl and CD) of the Drive-In Horrorshow soundtrack signed by Greg Ansin.



·    Broadcasting a public domain (free of copyright infringing) horror of sci-fi movie. Usually these are rather cheesy, but grand classic fun. George Romero’s Night of the Living Dead is an example and was the very first movie shown on Staying Scared with Wee Willie Wicked. However, this week’s movie is Horror Express starring Christopher Lee & Peter Cushing.


·    And, oh yes, there will commercials. But, these are not your typical commercials, no no! The only ones to be shown on Staying Scared with Wee Willie Wicked will have at least some sort of horror and typically will be horror movie trailers (both new and old), in between segments.

·  And, as always, yours truly will be nearby for a live chat session.

This is what I suspect will become the standard format of the Staying Scared with Wee Willie Wicked webcast. Of course, there will be bugs and glitches along the way and the first month (as expected) is a testing phase. This week I will be implementing timing, pace and format organization, as well as verifying how well the show translates over to radio.



So, creep on over here at midnight on Saturday night, (or watch it right here on Wic's blog below). I’ll be live on chat and feel free to voice your opinion. I’m always open for constructive criticism or potential show ideas and I value all suggestions.


Stay Scared,
Wic

No comments:

Post a Comment